Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Life of a Stripey Tighted Lady!

Between being asked out by a 'not all the way there', kid and having an awkward conversation with a 23 year old... I think I'm doing okay. When 'not all the way there' was trying to ask me for my number, he called me approximately 5 other names... Kathy?, Jessica?, Christine?... Christy?...Martha?... really? Martha?... nothing wrong with it, just... what the crap? My name isn't even remotely close to that.
Recently, I have had the other extreme to deal with too... It might as well be called the, "I'm very well put together but I lie consistently" boy. That's been interesting. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it. I'd like to pretend that I'm okay with this- but I'm not.
Thankfully, I've got good friends. They're funny, active, and like to have fun. Mostly, I like their attitudes. Take my 22 year old friend. She's a doll. She's got a little boy and we've been moving and painting. While I was at her house on moving day, the dolly fell on top of her son. Earlier that morning, he fell down the stairs and got a bloody nose. Poor kid. He's had a rough day, and his mom is trying to move and take care of her family on a limited amount of sleep. Serious, rockstar mom! (I think most of them are)
I finally took her son to the park and played with him so that they could finish cleaning up. Perhaps the most impressive thing to me is that; amidst chaos, her son getting hurt, fatigue, and her husband getting frustrated with her, she kept it together. She kept a smile on her face and said positive things the whole time I was there. What a champ! I don't know if this has anything to do with youth, but I give her an honest- Bravo! Amongst all the little hiccups and tragedies of life, having a good attitude seems to make all the difference.
Moving onto my single active girls' who try to fit 45 hours of work into a 24 hour period... These are my friends that I like to refer to as the Stripey Tights Ladies. Stripey Tights Unite, that's our group name for the Moab half-marathon. I hope we get in. If you go to the beautiful women blog, you will see some mighty fine looking Strawberry Shortcaker's wearing some tights. Last year, they ran the Moab half in those tights. Someone told Megs that he refused to be beaten by a girl in striped tights- that only made her run faster and indeed, she did outrun the grumpy man! Nice Jorb, Megs! So here is my homage to the Stripey Tighted Ladies of the world, life sucks sometimes- when it does, put on your tights and dance around! Guaranteed to give you a chuckle... or at least piss off the grumpy. Hey, if you're gonna walk around expecting the world to cheer you up ~ well, keep waiting! Good luck to you! And good luck to us & our tights!

YAY! Hooray for Tights!

No comments: