Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Series of Unfortunate Events...

So Megs and I had some pretty tragic experiences over the past 2 days. First, we went to a Pink Panther dance that was supposed to be for people our age. After about 5 minutes of getting there we saw about 50 high school age looking kids. Live band, moshing, skateboarding video on the wall, and kids that looked about 15 years old. After we saw a group of high schoolers in pink cowboy hats...we knew we were in the wrong place. HA! But we waded it out. Hilarious. Are the 30's really supposed to feel like this?

Next night, Megs and I went to a stake activity for singles- for "older" singles. This age group seemed to range from the dead to the dying. So sad... Megs & I determined not to have a similar fate, danced and isolated ourselves on the stage- before first being burgled at a table of older men who worked with prisoners. Topics of conversation at the table (whilst eating) included, how you can kill yourself with a roll of toilet paper and how you can amputate your arm with a plastic knife. I was mesmerized. No one thought it strange that my name badge said I was Jezzebelle or Megan's name was Ezmeralda. Even more interesting, we introduced ourselves originally with our own names. Fun times. Seriously, if it wasn't such a good story for me- I think I might cry. Oh, the irony of life. So funny! What can you do except laugh, right? :)

No comments: