Friday, April 18, 2008

Intuition

My last post was visceral, so I erased it. Ironic that I was so vitriolic in my writing since the previous post is about the prophet, a very kind man who did a lot of good in this world. Anywho, I didn't think anyone read my blog, so it made me laugh to see a comment posted... thanks Holly. Haha. :)

So here's my question?...

I know intuition is good. But why do we have it?

Especially when we know that someone we love is hiding something from us. And, by the grace of God, we know what it is. I know this is a strange question. But I'm trying to figure out if this is a blessing or a curse. Somedays it feels like a blessing, an ability for understanding. Other days it feels heavy, like a means of frustration. If any of you guys have any thoughts about this, I'd love to hear it. :)

K

4 comments:

MissLed said...

I think intuition is a protection for us. Everyone has agency - but I think Heavenly Father gives us glimpses of the truth to lead us to make correct decisions. He also gives us the gift of discernment so that we aren't deceived by others. It's frustrating to know the truth sometimes...but I think it's always for the best.

kwissysmiff said...

I never thought of it as a protection. That's good insight M. Thanks!

The McKell Spot said...

All I can think of is that Jewel song with the lady shaving her legs. Oh and that intuition is the spirit telling us to watch out or go for it? Now that song will be in my head.

kwissysmiff said...

Holly, you're hilarous! Maybe that's my answer... shaving my legs. Problem solved! HA! :)