Thursday, January 31, 2008

Choose Ye This Day...

I have no idea if anyone reads this blog. But it doesn't really matter, does it? I went to President Hinckley's viewing tonight. Such a sweet man. So small and humble. A smile on his face. A sweet last image of a great man. I had some difficulty controlling my emotions. I thought, this is a great man. This is someone who has made a significant contribution in this world. This is a man who loved and gave during his own personal struggles and hardship as he continued to lead the church after his wife passed away. Thank you for being such a wonderful leader. Thank you for being an example of how I can more fully live my life. You will not be forgotten.

I know I'm writing a lot about this man. I am so touched by his work and his ministry on the earth. This year has been so hard for me. Perhaps one of the hardest years of my life. And yet, I can still look to men like this who stand as a living example of optimism, faith, and righteousness. There is so much discouragement and heartache in the world around us. It's always refreshing to me to see people who stand as witnesses of living a life worth leading. Especially from a man that had such a profound effect on those around him.

2 comments:

The McKell Spot said...

I read your blog, ever since I found it this morning I will! Amen about Pres. Hinkley what a great example to everyone. I love him so much. Holly

kwissysmiff said...

Amen on that sista! The more I learn about his life the better person I want to be. :)